Bangalore, August 1, 1946 “The King George VI Royal Indian Military College, the first of its kind in South India was declared open this morning by Maj Gen AHJ Snelling, C.B. CBE, at the Clive Line Barracks” (The Dailypost 1 August, 1946) King George Royal Indian Military College, Bangalore was founded on 01 August 1946 to facilitate education to the sons of Defence personnel from South India. Cadets were educated, then from III to VII standard to enable them to appear for the Army’s Special Examination, which was equivalent to high school education. The three houses, at that time, were Coot, Clive and Cornwall. The School was reorganised in September 1952 and was thrown open to the sons of commissioned officers and civilians. The name of the school was shortened to King George’s School and the school motto was ‘Play the Game’. A member of the IPSC, (Indian Public School Conference) the school prepared cadets for Senior Cambridge Examination from 1952 to 1962. The nascent patriotic fervor found its local expression when the houses were renamed as Rajaji, Nehru and Mountbatten. In 1972 the name of the Mountbatten House was changed to Tagore House and a new House by the name Shastri House was created. In 1966, the School’s name was changed to ‘Bangalore Military School’ and after four years of its affiliation to ICSE, the school adopted the CBSE Syllabus in 1967. In 1969, the School’s motto was changed to “Sheelam Param Bhushanm”, a Sanskrit Sloka which means, ‘Character is the highest virtue’. The School celebrated its Diamond Jubilee on 08th December 2006 and in July 2007 the School was renamed as Rashtriya Military School, Bangalore..